Who We Are...
Chandler Heights Community Church (CHCC) has been serving Queen Creek since the early days of the Chandler Heights Citrus Camp, founded in 1929. The best way to describe CHCC is simple and authentic. We offer dependable life changing teaching from the Word of God and a supportive community of believers in Christ.
Meet Our Pastor
Pastor Mark Ward
Pastor Mark completed his Master of Divinity at Phoenix Seminary while also serving as an Assistant Pastor with First Baptist Church of Tempe. He has been serving the Lord for over 40 years. In his youth, he worked as a youth pastor and later volunteered his services in children's ministry and teaching Sunday School. He has been married to Janet for over 35 years. They have 4 children and 5 grandchildren. Pastor Mark has a deep love for Jesus and His people.
What We Believe
- The Bible: The Holy Scriptures are the inspired Word of God, and the final infallible authority for faith and life, inerrant in the original autographs. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- The Godhead: There is one triune God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; equal in power, glory, eternality and nature. (Deuteronomy 6:4; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- Jesus Christ: We believe in Jesus' deity, virgin birth, sinlessness, miracles, vicarious and atoning death, bodily resurrection and ascension to the Father's right hand. We believe in His personal return to Earth, and his reign over all creation in his millennial Kingdom. (John 1:1, 14: Luke 1:26-35; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Acts 2:22; 1 Corinthians 15:3-6)
- The Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin righteousness and judgement. He regenerates believers, simultaneously baptizing them into the body of Christ; that He seals, indwells and teaches all believers. (John 16:8-11, 13; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; 2 Corinthians 3:6; Romans 8:9; Ephesians 1: 13-14, 5:18)
- Mankind: Humanity was created in the image and likeness of God. When Adam fell, the human race fell and inherited a sinful nature. We are all alienated from God. Mankind is entirely fallen in sin and is unable to remedy this lost condition without God. (Genesis 1:26-27, 5:12; Ephesians 2:1-3, 12)
- Salvation: Salvation comes by Grace alone through faith in Christ Jesus. It is not earned or given as a reward, but is a gift from God, available to all, because of the sacrificial death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 1:7, 2:8-10; John 1:12, 6:37-30, 10:27-30; 1 Peter 1:18-19; Romans 8:1, 38-39, 13-14; Galatians 5:13; Titus 2:11-15; 1 Corinthians 1:4-8)
- The Judgement to Come: All people will be resurrected and will stand before God in the Judgement. Those who are found in Christ will receive Eternal Life. The remainder will enter into the Lake of Fire. (Daniel 12:2; Matthew 24:16; John 5:28-29, 11:15, 26; Revelation 20:5-6, 12-13)
- The Church: The church is a spiritual organism composed of all those who have believed in Jesus and become born again. The local church is the primary means God uses to reach the world with the Gospel.
- Baptism: Baptism is an expression of dedication and commitment to Jesus Christ. Baptism by immersion is a picture of Christ's death, burial, and resurrection. (Acts 8:36-38; Romans 6:4-5)
- Communion: The Lord's Supper is observed on the first Sunday of very month. Communion is open to all who have repented and believed in Jesus for salvation. (1 Corinthians 11:23-26